What the people/media outside think about Technopark is horrible. I have worked in various Technopark companies approx. 8 years as a permanent and freelance employee but I did not hear anyone having free-sex there or having illegal relationships. It took 24 years for the media to get a golden chance to defame this successful technology initiative. It is pity that the morality is judged with just o...ne rare incident.
Hopefully political parties also use this golden chance as they have tried all sort of ways in past to get into the Technopark to place their flag.
Few points I would like to share:
- Technopark is not just one company, there are over 285 companies with different management, culture, type of business, placement criteria, organization chart, pay scale ...
- Most companies use short circuit cameras as part of their security policies and employees are well aware of this fact. So there is much less room for the 'illegal relationships'. In addition to this, most companies pay for security staff as well - and they are on duty even on holidays.
- "Techies" are not "Engineers" always. Software companies give preference to "Engineers" but in addition to 'developer' roles, there are admin, accountant, HR, receptionist, house keeping staff etc. And, if you are skilled, most companies will appoint you even if you are a dropout.
- Technopark employees are also human beings. They also have all the properties like anyone works outside, but we are more disciplined.
- Not all employees lead high-tech life. There are people who draw salary from 3,000/- per month still. There are many employees who wear their ID Card / Badge all time, even while in fish market. This badge is not a symbol for their posh life and it is just a security card. So, hey merchant, please don't give a special price when you see this tag next time.
- Saw a media stating "people hesitate to have marriage alliance with girls working in Technopark" - I don't know from where media got this information.
- Media is not bothered about the anti-social harassment employees face after work while their way to home. Please check Kazhakuttam police station to count number of such cases reported.
- Technopark is one of the most disciplined workplaces in India
- Employees are paid for their work and not because they are in Technopark. If you find one is highly paid, then you must understand it is a result of the brain he used and hours he spend to finish the work. There is no free meal in this world.
- You enjoy Hartal, but we are not. One day's pay-cut and the issues faced by project because of one's absence is not affordable.
- Technopark companies host people from all parts of India and there are foreigners too. There is a mixed culture and no any culture is vulgar in terms of relationships. Don't judge the culture by the dress they wear outside Technopark. Inside Technopark, they adhere to formal dress code.
- Most techies buy vehicles on loans and the offers provided by showrooms. They don't overpay pay because they have silver spoon.
- The food we get inside Technopark is very costly and we are forced to pay that. It is not like we are paying because we have lot of money.
- Autorickshaws and house owners are the most ones loot Technopark employees. Autorickshaws loot mentally as well.
- Not all Technopark employees lead bachelor life. There are much more married employees. Many companies give jobs to spouse as well and don't misunderstand them while they are in restaurants or on the way to their home.