Came through a cool article on code project about Design Patterns.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
- Functional Specification – This describes the requested behavior of an engineering system. i.e., what is needed by the system user as well as requested properties of inputs and outputs. Is created after the sign-off on the requirements document. This ensure a systematic approach to the development of a new product or service. These documents might contain:
- Justifications for customer requirements
- Features of the application
- Mock up screens etc.
- Non-Functional Requirements – A requirement that specifies criteria that can be used to judge the operation of a system, rather than specific behaviors. We can say a non-functional requirement is a quality of a system.
- Functional = “You want to display your name on screen”
- Non-Functional = “Your name must be shown in red color”
Source: Multiple sources on Internet
Boomerang is a software framework providing communication services for distribution through email, printers, fax machines and file servers as well as incoming email flows. Boomerang removes communication complexity from the equation by providing a service oriented architecture for these services.
Standard edition of Boomerang is free.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Windows Server AppFabric is a set of integrated technologies that make it easier to build, scale and manage Web and composite applications that run on IIS.
The focus of this document is to provide specific recommendations on how to properly design an AppFabric deployment for enterprise-scale load requirements.