One of my friend just told me that our so called ‘anti-microsoft’ Kerala Governmanet uses microsoft technology for official Kerala Gazette. Here is the link:
Other technical details are:
1. IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1
2. Language: Visual Basic .NET 7.1
Today Malayala Manorama malayalam daily published a small article about Malyalee Microsoft MVP’s in its suppliment Yuva.
Here is the papper cutting: Here is the paper cutting: http://www.ninethsense.com/downloads/news23052008.jpg
Date: 23 May 2008
Malayala Manorama Supplement – Yuva
MVC is a framework methodology that divides an application’s implementation into three component roles: models, views, and controllers.
* “Models” in a MVC based application are the components of the application that are responsible for maintaining state. Often this state is persisted inside a database (for example: we might have a Product class that is used to represent order data from the Products table inside SQL).
* “Views” in a MVC based application are the components responsible for displaying the application’s user interface. Typically this UI is created off of the model data (for example: we might create an Product “Edit” view that surfaces textboxes, dropdowns and checkboxes based on the current state of a Product object).
* “Controllers” in a MVC based application are the components responsible for handling end user interaction, manipulating the model, and ultimately choosing a view to render to display UI. In a MVC application the view is only about displaying information – it is the controller that handles and responds to user input and interaction.
Enterprise Library is a collection of application blocks intended for use by developers who build complex, enterprise-level applications. Enterprise Library is used when building applications that are typically to be deployed widely and to interoperate with other applications and systems. In addition, they generally have strict security, reliability, and performance requirements. The goals of Enterprise Library are the following:
Consistency. All Enterprise Library application blocks feature consistent design patterns and implementation approaches.
Extensibility. All application blocks include defined extensibility points that allow developers to customize the behavior of the application blocks by adding their own code.
Ease of use. Enterprise Library offers numerous usability improvements, including a graphical configuration tool, a simpler installation procedure, and clearer and more complete documentation and samples.
Integration. Enterprise Library application blocks are designed to work well together or individually.
Enterprise Library is a collection of reusable software components (application blocks) designed to assist software developers with common enterprise development challenges (such as logging, validation, caching, exception handling, and many others). Application blocks are a type of guidance encapsulating Microsoft recommended development practices; they are provided as source code plus documentation that can be used “as is,” extended, or modified by developers to use on complex, enterprise-level line-of-business development projects.
Get more information about Enterprise Libray from these links:
* MSDN site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/entlib
* Community Forum: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=119312
* Community Extensions: http://codeplex.com/entlibcontrib
PIT Solutions, the company I work – is opening its new office at Tejaswini – the latest building in Trivandrum Technopark Campus.
PIT Solutions’ current development center still remain for IETS activities. This office is also on Technopark itself – in Nila building. The new office is about 4000 square feet. So that we can accomodate more employees and concentrate on bigger projects.
* Tejaswini building is the largest building (presently) in Kerala
* Trivandrum Technopark is the largest IT park in Asia
The WorldWide Telescope (WWT) is a Web 2.0 visualization software environment that enables your computer to function as a virtual telescopeâ€”bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world for a seamless exploration of the universe.
Get more details (and download) from: http://www.worldwidetelescope.org/
Here is a sample code in c# to convert a file with UTF-7 encoding to ISO-8859-1 encoding. You can change these values to make any to any converter.
Encoding FromEnc = Encoding.UTF7; // from
Encoding ToEnc = Encoding.GetEncoding("ISO-8859-1"); //to
TextReader tr = new StreamReader(@"C:from.html", FromEnc);
TextWriter tw = new StreamWriter(@"C:to.html",false, ToEnc);
Make sure you imported System.IO.
“Software architecture is the set of design decisions which, if made incorrectly, may cause your project to be cancelled.”
â€“ Eoin Woods
I lilked this definition
Representational state transfer (REST) is a style of software architecture for distributed hypermedia systems such as the World Wide Web. REST strictly refers to a collection of network architecture principles which outline how resources are defined and addressed.
Wikipidea have a good explanation on REST